Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's a Charleston Winter

So, I'm from a small, beautiful little seaside town (yeah I just copied a Darius Rucker song...) called Charleston in South Carolina, where the weather seems to never care what season or month we're actually in, and it decides to do it's own thing.

Today, the second week of January, it was a beautiful 71 degrees outside. Yes, SEVENTY ONE. I, like many people, had NO idea what to wear. Most of my spring clothes were in storage and I can't really leave my house in my birthday suit, so I dug and dug and dug, and although I don't have a picture of what I wore, it was a little something like this...


Just a simple infinity scarf, a sweater, and some shorts are all you need!

I found a beautiful bright yellow infinity scarf that I had originally bought my mother but stole it because I loved it WAY too much, that I actually bought at American Apparel, which can actually be worn about a million and a half ways, a light, cream colored Free People sweater, and some navy blue J.Crew shorts with some gold Tory Burch flats.

Yes, I never thought that I would be wearing shorts in January, but it's the South. It's beautiful Charleston, and I can't complain. It was nice to not be in drab colors and jeggings for once!

Oh how I love Charleston winters...too bad it will probably be 50 degrees tomorrow.... 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment